Friday, May 6, 2011

Matrix binded to formTable

I've just updated builder tool of my swinghtmltemplate project with new example of formTable binded to the large matrix (35x35 in the example). I want to see how quickly JTable is updated when binded data is changed.

You can find it in "Tags/Matrix binded to formTable". Open an example (dbl click on it), build it ("Build" button below the code) and press dump button (below the table).

In the dump listner I update every matrix value with random number. On my PC (Dual Core E6700@3.2GHz, 8Gb Ram) it has a delay for about one second before table is updated after the first click. Later clicks update table little bit faster.

On my boss's PC there's almost no delay.

The matrix is just a List<java.util.List<Data>> datas;. Each element is special Data class, you can examine it in the "Code" tab. It has "value" property.


2 comments :

  1. I was pointed to your project by Jonathan Giles' blog "Java desktop links of the week". Swinghtmltemplate project looks fantastic! This is just what I've been looking for. You seem to be making the right design decisions. I can't wait to take my hands on it and test it.

    Kind Regards,
    Dirk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dirk
    Pay attention, the example in these post works with 0.5-SNAPSHOT release (avaible in maven). 0.4 has a bug with nested ui:forEach

    ReplyDelete